Monday, September 17, 2018

Trying a different kind of tracking

Long time lurker. I lost a little weight last year but recently gained 10 lbs of the 20 lbs I lost back. I'm 5'0" so 10 lbs is significant! I'm about 15 lbs away from a normal BMI and am working on learning what works for me by slowly breaking some bad habits and re-learning some good ones. Specifically, I'm trying to break my binge-eating habit.

I originally started with simple tracking but that didn't work for me, as it never has in the past. I eat a super wide variety of foods (and cook a lot of complicated meals from scratch) so tracking never got faster or easier over time. Plus, it made me immediately obsessive and led to me feeling hungrier/more deprived. Next, I tried meal prep with pre-portioned amounts. I still do this but it doesn't fit in my lifestyle to strictly adhere to pre-prepped food alone most days. Next, I tried intuitive eating. Honestly this has gotten me the closest to healthy eating and long-term weight loss, and has been easy to do pretty well in part BECAUSE I spent so many years trying to track calories and learning calorie counts for common foods. BUT it's been too easy to fall back into binge eating on stressful days (which to be honest, is most days).

I am starting a new "tracking" method to try keep myself accountable: tracking my weight rather than tracking intake or calories (plus intuitive eating). I'm hoping this will help me to adjust based on whether I'm seeing progress or not over time without getting too strict.

Have other people tried this approach? Any successes or potential pitfalls? Or any advice for super short women trying to use this approach (i.e., with way less of a potential deficit to play with)?

submitted by /u/100100100100101jean
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NQYLnK

No comments:

Post a Comment