Friday, September 14, 2018

Do you have weight loss goals for specific events/dates?

My goals:

CW: 160.2, 5’4”

ST goal: 159 on 10/1/18

MT goal: 150 on 1/1/19

LT goal: 135 on 10/1/19

I made 10/2019 my long term goal since I’m taking a trip to Japan that month, and I want to be at a healthy weight for my vacation. As borderline obese I found planes to be extremely uncomfortable, ran out of breath easily, sweat a lot while walking and had a difficult time finding clothes that fit well and looked nice. A smaller weight means smaller clothes, so I should hopefully be able to travel lighter, and with more room for souvenirs! Also, Japanese sizes run small compared to U.S. sizes. I’d like to be able to pick up a shirt and have it more likely to fit, rather that searching for a shop that caters to tourists in my old size.

I’m finding that putting an actual date on my weight loss goals keeps me better motivated. If I don’t feel like working out, I just remind myself that I have a deadline coming up that I need to meet. Also, it’s only about 2-3 lbs/month, so I don’t feel like I have to eat perfectly every day — if I go over my calories every once in awhile for special events, it won’t break me.

After I reach 135 I’ll reevaluate, see if I need to focus on losing more fat or on gaining muscle and toning, so even once I hit my “long term” goal I’m still not actually done. Penultimate goal is to feel confident in a bikini by Summer of 2020, whatever my weight is :) then maintaining is final!

Anyone else have set goals like that with specific dates? I’m interested in hearing what yours are, or if others are losing weight for a specific event, trip or activity.

submitted by /u/Razulso
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xb6R0T

No comments:

Post a Comment