Sunday, September 16, 2018

How to deal with weight comments (even if they are positive)?

I realize i am in the minority when I say I don't like getting comments about my weight, even if they are compliments. Ive now lost 30lb and people are starting to notice and question me about it.

Some are bold comments "WOW youve lost a LOT!" some are more imposing, "Don't try to act like you arent on a diet. I can tell." Others are confused/curious. "There's something different about you, did you lose weight?". Others are 'helpful" "You shouldnt eat that much, arent you loosing weight?"

I realize all are with good intentions, but all of them embarrass me and I don't like them. Today I was asked in front of a big group of friends If i was lost weight and I played it off and changed the subject. It embarrassed me so much. Everyone started looking at my body to see what's changed. I know this wasnt with ill intent, but I dont want everyone to be observing my body. I have a socia phobia, fear of being judged so it just intensifies the issue.

My weight loss is very personal to me. With close friends ive let them know I don't want it to be a subject of convo with people because its private. That I can do, But I dont know how to handle it with aquaintances who mean well, or like in the above example today, when its sudden in a big group of people. I do not want to come off snobbish or rude. I used humor in that instance and joked around and changed the subject.

How do you feel about weight loss comments?

If youre like me, how do you handle the extra attention?

submitted by /u/StrawberryYogurt0
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2D1mdur

No comments:

Post a Comment