Friday, September 14, 2018

I have lost 50lbs. I am more than half way to my goal now!

I have lost nearly 50lbs!

At my biggest I was near 300lbs. My tallest was 6'3" but several herniated discs later, I am at 6'1".

My last login was 26 days ago and I am down 13lbs since then (a little more than 3lbs per week)

I am now 247lbs. The last time I was here was 2009.

I exercise moderately and my job had me on my feet a lot last week.

What I needed to do to get here:

  1. Realize that calorie in and calorie out will be a big part of my diet.
  2. Realize that the gym is nice but not needed for me to lose weight (heavy 1-3 hour long work outs made me hungry)
  3. Buy a scale because volume measuring is total crap.
  4. If I go out to eat, use takeout option and weigh portions according to nutritional guide of restaurant (throwing out unused portion or cataloging it and use it as ingredient later in another meal).
  5. Stop weighing myself daily, this was stressful and stress doesn't help weightless especially when it is centered around weight loss.
  6. Weight loss should be more about fat loss: I exercise to try and keep muscle from being used in weight loss and I try to focus on the fat loss portion. We lose fat when we sleep; so, I try to keep fat to daily recommended levels for my age, weight and basically what my Dr says is good for me. When our bodies burn fat, we are tired, best to do that at night, or after exercising.
  7. That all calories are not the same. I don't get hungry because I take in enough protein and fiber for my body (this took a week or two to get the feel for.

I highly recommend Calorie In Calorie Out if you can eat balanced meals and snacks.

Make sure you use a scale all the time to measure your food.

You should get used to portions after measuring your food.

Watch your weight, if the weight goes down fast, get the scale back out and measure again.

Watch your weight, if the weight goes up, get the scale back out and measure again.

Watch your weight, if the weight stays the same, get the scale back out and measure again.

This is what I do to be successful.

I hope it helps.

I also am back into size 38 pants and my goal is 34-36

I am happy about this in my life and it is much needed good news. w00t!

submitted by /u/bitretu
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Mwkmgz

No comments:

Post a Comment