Saturday, September 15, 2018

I’ve started my weight loss journey these past 30 days and I feel amazing. I still have some questions surrounding food.

I can say with the most joy I’ve had in years that I feel great. I have been actively in the gym 3 days a week lifting weights and 1 extra day of cardio. I have not felt this energetic, joyful, and honestly happy in a long time. I struggle with some different mental health stuff in the sense of OCD and anxiety/depression. One of my compulsions was eating. When I get scared or if I was having any sort of irregular feelings I would eat. More often eat to numb. I am seeing a therapist now and it has also helped tremendously.

The biggest question and maybe where I have the least amount of knowledge is food. I have spent so long eating whatever I wanted (high sugar drinks, cakes, snacks, high carb meals) that I honestly am having a hard time shopping for myself. I have been accustom to eating frozen meals or microwaveable food sources that I don’t know what I should be eating or how I should go about getting it.

What are some solid foods that you can consistently eat that are good for you? I don’t get bored of eating the same thing day in and day out. I’ve gotten rid of milk, pop, and almost all sugar based snacks. That’s not so much the struggle as much as the meal itself. If you have any suggestions please feel free to respond!

For reference I am still early on in getting this process started. I am 28, 6”0, and around 450 pounds.

submitted by /u/Theycallmeguile
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xeNKmO

No comments:

Post a Comment