Sunday, September 16, 2018

My body burns 35 tide pods of fat every week. 5 per day.

Hey guys. Don't worry, i'm not eating tide pods. I did a little experiment to try to visualize fat loss and i came up with some interesting numbers. I have MFP set to -2lb/week, and i've seen about -2lb/wk for the last 6 months. But what does that look like in non-numerical terms?

Well, losing 2 lbs a week is a loss of 130 grams of stored fat per day. In metric units that sounds like A LOT of fat to burn in one day. But what the heck does 130 grams of fat look like? I know my apples are around 100 grams, But surely I'm not losing an apple's size amount of fat every day. No, an apple isn't dense enough. I need an appropriate visual aid. To the lab!

So i needed to find something with a similar density to fat. An apple isn't dense enough, water is too dense, and most people don't have an anatomically accurate adipose tissue model laying around. I checked the density of laundry detergent and it is very similar to the density of human fat. (0.9 g/cm^3) I weighed a tide pod earlier and it was 26 g.

SO that means every day my body is burning 5 tide pods full of fat off my belly. Every week my body is burning 35 tide pods full of fat. So far I have burned over 1000 tide pods in body fat. Amazing!

So if you are thinking to yourself "ugggh, i only lost 0.7 lbs last week", pull out 12 tide pods and put them in your pockets and walk around all day to get some perspective. Just kidding. But try to hold them all in one hand. I bet you can't. Thats how much fat you lost last week!

I hope my ramblings were informative and/or entertaining. I was watching "the mathematics of weight loss", a ted talk by Ruben Meerman while doing some physics homework, and thats where i got the inspiration for this "experiment."

Happy losing!

submitted by /u/jon49er
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MDcU3o

No comments:

Post a Comment