Monday, September 17, 2018

New here; one month in: Is ~4,5kg/~10lbs okay to lose in the first month?

I apologise if this is an obvious or stupid question, but I lurked here for a bit, and after several personal disasters/hardships not related to my weight, I decided to actively pursue weight loss for the sake of my depression/anxiety on top of the physical health benefits. I've begun eating much healthier and become more aware of what I am eating, how much, etc., especially helped by logging into the MyFitnessPal app that is promoted on the Day One thread in this subreddit. I'm very short (~150cm/just under 5 feet), female, and weighed one month ago when I started 79,4kg/~175lbs. Now, after 29 days of being more food-conscious, portion-conscious, and adding light exercise, and drinking more water rather than anything else.(I'm mostly blind so there is only so much I can do, which has always discouraged me), I'm now nearly 4,5kg/10lbs lighter. I've heard it's normal to lose a bit fast in the beginning, but how much is normal? Is this a healthy amount of weight loss in the first month?

And what should I expect to happen in the near future, the coming months? What challenges might I run into. Essentially, please provide tips and suggestions for sustainability and any advice you maybe wish you had received in the beginning. I'm very new to this and I am perfectly motivated to keep this up--I just have so many questions/concerns so that I do it right, in a healthy way.

Thank you in advance for any/all insight and answers. This subreddit seems full of wonderful people. I may not post much, but I am upvoting and cheering you all on in your own journeys!

submitted by /u/MountainGerman
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xrM0WJ

No comments:

Post a Comment