Monday, September 17, 2018

Slow journey so far, but it feels great!

Hi r/loseit, I’ve been lurking for quite some time now and thought its time to post my progress. I started looking at this sub years ago but never felt motivated enough and accepted my weight gain. I don’t want to post progress pics at this time, but I will once I’ve gotten closer to my goal. Since I turned 21, I have gained at least 40 pounds. I started drinking sugary drinks often, and eating a lot of late-night greasy food. The “treat-yo-self” mentality kicked into overdrive and I started treating myself far too often and didn’t give a shit about portions. I used to be very good with portions and restraint, but that all went out the window for that first year of legal alcohol consumption. I fluctuated over the past year once I realized the weight was packing on, but I officially capped out at 180 in January (there was a time I refused to step on a scale so it could have easily been 185+). I told myself that was it; no more. I started portioning and restraining myself, but still allowed the sugary drinks and some sweet snacks. I also started running, but not often. I lost a few pounds, but plateaued at 175. This past summer was difficult, in that I wanted to lose weight but thought it was impossible because I love food far too much. Then in July I said okay, let’s do it for real. I started running 2-3 times per week and tried to cut out snacking, although I allowed it most days. I got down to 173. This past August, I made it a goal for myself to get under 165 - and I did it!!! I worked out 3-4 days each week, and I cooked good, filling, food instead of eating out. If I wanted something sweet I’d eat strawberries and bananas, and I didn’t drink anything sugary. Most nights I’d cook pork or chicken with a side of veggies. The weight almost melted off. I had to go shopping because my pants were too loose! It feels amazing to finally feel successful in weight loss. I ended August at 164. I have plateaued the last few weeks, but I’m starting my eating habits again that I had in August. I’m hoping to end September at 160. My goal is to fit into the jeans I wore in the first years of college, when I was a size 4-6. I’m almost an 8 so I’m getting close. I’m hoping by the end of this month I’ll be below 160, and by the end of the year I’m hoping to be 145. Next year will continue to lose so I can reach my ultimate goal of 135, but I don’t have a deadline for it. I just have to remember that food should be for sustenance, not pleasure. With that in mind, it makes the journey much easier. Plus, the weight loss is almost as addicting as the food I used to eat. Thanks for reading and good luck to everyone on their journey! :)

submitted by /u/kaiphil95
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xtMhYT

No comments:

Post a Comment