Wednesday, June 12, 2019

A little frustrated with my lack of progress (issues with weight loss and hypothyroidism)

F/22/155 cm/SW 75kg/CW 74 kg/ GW 55 kg

Hi everyone. I've been lurking on this subreddit for so long, I finally decided to make an account.

I've recently started working out at the gym, and calorie tracking with MFP. I try to stick to a 1200 cal diet, which I've more or less accomplished for the past 15 days. I've had a couple of cheat meals in between but nothing crazy.

I've struggled with hypothyroidism and have been on medication for >9 years at this point, and I've steadily gained weight from age 13.

I'm finding it extremely hard to lose weight. I don't have other issues associated with undermedication, like tiredness or sleeplessness. I'm just feeling so discouraged with how slow my progress has been. But I'm not even sure if my progress is slow or not!

In the past fifteen days at least, I've cut carbs. I've cut sugars almost entirely. I've been eating around 1100 cals every day. I've been going to the gym for an hour, at least 4 days a week. I've barely managed to lose around 1.5 pounds. I've also been eating clean and exercising, (but not this intensely) since April mid. Is my progress slow or am I being overambitious?

I keep seeing people on the internet lose like 10 pounds in a month. I know I've just started, and I know I have a metabolic disease, but I just want to know if what I'm experiencing is normal or not!

Thanks in advance! Sorry if I come off like a brat/unappreciative of my journey so far.

submitted by /u/wokpaperscissors360
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/31s17O4

No comments:

Post a Comment