Saturday, June 8, 2019

A little graph I made from my weight loss/gain notebooks. This shows my weight from 17-30, with large swings up and down, mostly in relation to my addiction to drugs. Don't do drugs kids!

https://i.imgur.com/o7bPVWG.png

Here's the graph. Some context

I actually started out college gaining a lot of weight in muscle. That little bump right there was mostly muscle. But then I got a knee injury, and the eating habits I gained for muscle training didn't go away, but the training itself did. I gained a ton of weight. I was drinking a lot, loosing friends, and I felt like I was loosing any and all semblance of my previous self. I went from a 'cool' kid in my first year of college to an asshole, out of control slob by my last year. It was the worst time in my life. I graduated, got a job at an office, and at that office there were guys who partied even harder than what I did in college. Specifically, cocaine. I started doing coke a lot, and got addicted basically right away. I dropped weight a ton. 22 years old, I dropped 150 pounds. I felt on top of the world from 22-23, even though I was a drug addict, I was earning money and finally had lost my weight. Unfortunately my coke addiction turned worse and worse and I just fell apart. I went from normal weight to 137 pounds. Ages 22-25... that was just a blur. I got fired from my job, but luckily got another one from my uncle which didn't pay as much but was easier. I was clubbing a lot (dancing burns a lot of calories...) and barely eating anything if I didn't have to. I would say I was burning maybe 500-1,000 dollars a week on cocaine. All of my extra money after rent and bills went to it.

At 25, my uncle found out about my cocaine addiction, and then everyone found out. I knew before then I had to go to rehab, but I never really truly wanted to go until my family forced me to realize I was a fucking mess. I went at 25, and almost right away, I began over eating. I did get clean from coke, I haven't touched it since. But holy shit, I remember right when I got clean, I started eating like a crazy person. I gained so much weight. I was happy I was clean, but the weight gain was... disconcerting. I would not have some magic drug addiction to come save me from this. I kept thinking that I was likely going to be fat for life, and that this was just how I was. Lots of people got fat in their late 20s, I was no exception, right?

Well I decided to turn myself around and start eating healthier. I joined a gym, although I'm not using it as much as I should, but the eating healthier has been enough. I am slowly but surely losing weight, I have gone from 280 to 208 in two years. I have literally never been happier in my life. My real trick is to just restrain myself to only eating at certain times. I eat from 9am-11am, as much as I want until I am full, then again from 6pm-8pm.

submitted by /u/proleporleprloe
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2WoUqsd

No comments:

Post a Comment