Friday, June 21, 2019

A year ago I was 325lbs and 2 days ago I ran a mile.

A little over a year ago, my sister and I started to lose weight together. We downloaded the apps, tracked what we ate, added 5 days of exercise into our routine and have kept that going since May 17, 2018.

It’s now June 21, 2019 and we are doing fantastic. She is nearly to goal (after losing 90lbs+) and I have lost 114lbs with another 40lbs to go. And because my sister is nearly at goal, she’s changed up her exercise routine to more toning than cardio. Because of this, I started looking into things I can do for exercise that I can do on my own.

2 days ago I went on my first run.

A year ago I was 325lbs and 2 days ago I ran a mile.

Needless to say, I was incredibly proud of myself. I might have had a little bit of a runners high because no more than an hour after I finished my run I signed myself up for a 5K in November.

My logic was that it will continue to push me to run and get better at running. I have 20 weeks to train and get my time up so I can finish not in last place.

Any tips anybody can give me on training for a 5K? Or even just running a mile in under 14minutes. I have to assume there are some runners on here that can throw some suggestions my way. I hate to say it’s a “from fat to fit” viewpoint that I’m looking for, but that’s about it. I was never a runner before, always hated mile day through middle/high school and have suddenly come to the realization that this is something I can do cheaply to push myself to get better and lose that last 40lbs. And it’s actually more fun than I expected it to be.

As a side note, I’ve been lurking on here since the beginning of my weight loss journey and I can’t even tell you all how inspiring this place is. All the success stories and endless support I see on here has definitely helped keep me going.

submitted by /u/mangykitten
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2L6D0yI

No comments:

Post a Comment