Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Can't help but feel on top of the world!

2 years ago, I decided enough was enough. At 5'3", I weighed in at 208lbs., in part due to my MS and a badly broken ankle and in part due to eating poorly. Around the same time, my son left home to attend college out of state. Starting off, I walked a few blocks a day, and cut down on my food intake. By the time he came home for Christmas, I had lost around 20lbs. I felt really proud, but in truth, others couldn't really see the weight loss. I got down to 170lbs., and just stayed there. I had lost enough to go from the obese BMI to the overweight category. March 1 of this year, I got serious as my son will be married on June 30th. It took a little bit of time for me to figure things out, but thanks to this site, I learned about CICO and MyFitnessPal. I'm down to 147lbs, and the BMI scale has me in the healthy category!! The biggest surprise was when I sent a picture of the dress and shoes I'm wearing to the wedding to my son. My older son took the pic, and it showed the dress and shoes, but not my face. My younger son did not recognize that it was me in the picture because I had lost so much weight! I still have around 20lbs to go, but friends, it's been a great week!

submitted by /u/lexiegreycat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2IBUWhI

No comments:

Post a Comment