Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Family man getting ready to be solo for a month and looking for weight loss opportunity.

I (male, 6’2”, 225, mid-40’s) am about to be without my family for a month due to a cross-country move, which means I can eat what/how/when I want during that period of time.

I’d like to use this as an opportunity to get a jumpstart on weight loss and ultimately “reset” when it comes to food. I work out 4-5 days a week but I often eat too much and too many processed foods. I ate much better when I was single, but having a wife and kids means there is a lot of variety to what we eat, and I’m not always disciplined enough to make the “right” choices in tough situations.

Considering all options: Keto/Paleo, Whole 30, IIFYM, cutting out sugar/processed foods, plain old counting calories...

Once we reunite, I plan to continue what I’ve started to the maximum extent possible, understanding that I’ll need to transition to more of a normal diet, but I would really like to use this opportunity to get a head start on weight loss.

Has anyone taken advantage of a similar situation to fix yourself? Would you care to share any advice on what worked/didn’t work for you?

submitted by /u/Hey_Peter
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2WGRM5W

No comments:

Post a Comment