Friday, June 7, 2019

Encouragement From Binging/Being With Babish

The first few weeks of my most recent weight loss journey were mentally easy. I was dropping pounds each week and seeing a lot of progress. I felt like I could finally get to a place where I felt happy about my weight. Then this week, I jumped up about 5-7 pounds from where I'd been the week before. It was the usual suspects: eating a little too much, consistently making some dumb choices regarding food when I got frustrated about work. Last night, I slammed an entire thin crust pizza, then worked out so hard that I almost made myself throw up in a new gym class because I was so angry at myself and ashamed at how little self-control I had.

I didn't know I'd get some motivational words on weight loss and trying to get healthier from one of my favorite YouTube channels today, but I think many of need to remind ourselves of what Babish says in his latest video. I've written out the things that I think are most important for this sub:

"...Getting in shape is a process. Is it difficult? Absolutely. Is it worth doing? Absolutely.

...But there's a moment when you realize that you can start right now and that there's no magic diet, no perfect routine, no shortcuts or cheats. It's more about creating healthy and sustainable habits. Sometimes it's excruciatingly hard. You are, after all, depriving your body of all the feel-good drugs it's become accustomed to your entire life, but like any withdrawal, it's temporary and the light at the end of the tunnel starts feeling more and more like a torch you've been carrying along.

...Well, I hope that more than one of you decide that today is the day to try and make a change.

...You can know that I'm in this with you, because I have no intention of stopping."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_aq5TVb0HA

Anyway, thank you to everyone on this sub. Reading your words of encouragement and even just feeling like I'm not the only one who gets tempted by the things that got me this overweight in the first place is such a gift. This place is a bastion of kindness and emotional generosity in a place that can often feel alienating.

submitted by /u/bleslsed
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2IpJVjn

No comments:

Post a Comment