Monday, June 10, 2019

Feeling discouraged

I'm frustrated and need to vent. Two years ago I lost 30 pounds in about 5 months just by CICO, no exercise. I'm short (5'3"), but I was breastfeeding full-time, so I was able to eat around 1600-1800cal/day and lose weight pretty consistently. It was actually pretty "easy" at the time and it felt like the weight fell off. I had been heavy before getting pregnant, so it wasn't just baby weight coming off (she was 6 months old before I even started losing weight).

So over the past couple years I gained some weight back, and kept going through cycles of having a couple "good weeks" of counting calories and then a few "bad days" that would offset any progress. I've hovered between 148 and 155 for most of the last 18 months. I weighed in at 154 just before Easter - but then had a rough couple weeks where I binged constantly, and by the beginning of May I was up to 160. At that point I decided to get serious. I joined a gym and have been attending strength training classes 3 days a week in addition to cutting calories, and trying to eat a lot more protein. I've really been busing my ass this whole time, more than I've ever done in my weight loss journey.

Well this morning I had a weigh-in at the gym. When I first joined (May 1st) I was 160.4. Today it had me at 157.2. Six weeks of working harder and more consistently than I ever have, and only down 3 pounds. In the past, there were times I lost three pounds in one week just counting calories with no exercise. Now I'm working out, staying as active as possible, walking 10,000+ steps a day, and eating at a deficit, and it's going soooo slow. I get that I've probably gained a couple pounds of muscle, but still...I'm so discouraged. I've got a lot of experience with counting calories, weighing food, logging in MFP, etc so I feel like I'm pretty accurate. My clothes do fit a little better, and I've had a couple comments from people who say they can tell I've lost weight. But I just feel like I should have more to show for it on the scale with as hard as I've been working this time around, if that makes sense.

Anyway, I just had to get this out there - thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/femalien
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2MNxUtk

No comments:

Post a Comment