Monday, June 10, 2019

Some perspective on progress

There's no way around it, I binged this weekend. I hosted a BBQ at my house, made tons of amazing food, and definitely wasn't as strict with myself as I should have been, especially with picking at leftovers yesterday. I stepped on the scale, and yep, I gained two pounds over the weekend. No prob, my healthy meals for the week were prepped and ready to go, and I was eager to get back to my diet after indulging.

I dragged my butt to the gym tonight and hopped on the treadmill, thinking I would just jog for a few minutes and then go find something else to do. But I got into the groove of my run and noticed that I was beating the (very fit) guy on the treadmill next to mine, at least in terms of endurance (I acknowledge he was probably going faster). I ran 3 miles in 32 minutes!!! My former best time was 3 in 36, and I thought that was a fluke. Even better, 2 months ago I was struggling to finish one 10-minute mile, and now I'm well on my way to meeting my goal of running a 5k with that pace.

I just wanted to share this because I know it's easy to beat yourself up for not seeing the numbers you want or for going a little too far with your cheat day, but find other ways to measure your progress. Let your weight loss and fitness journey spark joy along the way.

And now, I'm going to stretch and ice my ankles before this happy achievement quite literally cripples me.

submitted by /u/femmepyre
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2X28Hzo

No comments:

Post a Comment