Sunday, June 2, 2019

From 354lbs to 295lbs since 14JAN2019 (58lbs down in 20 weeks). 33% of the way to my final goal and not planning on slowing down any time soon.

Overview

On the 14th of January 2019 I weighed in at 354.06lbs and after 20 weeks of work (including 4 weeks of really hard work) I'm now weighing in at 295.86lbs. I entered Twotopia 2 weeks ago and it was something I started to think would never happen.

I used to think "Oh sure before I'm 50 I'll probably drop down to a normal size" but I've tried a dozen 'diets' before and nothing ever stuck, I was resigned to being the big guy forever. That is until I tried to play at a kids play centre with my 1-year-old and have never felt so unfit in all my life.

 

Facts and Figures

One of the oddest things I noticed was that my smart scales said I would weigh 80kg if I wasn't overweight and I started at 160kg. I weighed exactly one normal me more than I should, it's almost fate I started when I did.

I love crunching numbers and this is some of the numbers I get to play with every week:

 Kilograms Pounds Stone / Pounds BMI BMI Category Percent of Start Weight Percent of Final Weight Starting Weight 160.60 354.06 25 st, 4.1 lbs 47.44 Obese Class IV: Morbidly Obese 100.00% 100.00% Current Weight 134.20 295.86 21 st, 1.9 lbs 39.64 Obese Class II: Severely Obese 83.56% 67.25% Final Weight 80.00 176.37 12 st, 8.4 lbs 23.63 Normal (Healthy Weight) 49.81% 0.00% Total to Lose 80.60 177.69 12 st, 9.7 lbs 23.81 - 50.19% - Total Lost: Running Total 26.4 kg 58.2 lbs 4 st, 2.2 lbs 7.80 - 16.44% 33.00% Total Remaining 54.20 119.49 8 st, 7.5 lbs 16.01 - 33.75% 67.25% 

The spreadsheet I'm using to track the above:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wMuiRK_afNLLFjuiriv7Jo71Br5YHNjLKUZGtGB96PU/edit?usp=sharing

The blue squares are big goals:

  • It could be a symbolic number like 55lbs because it puts me into Twotopia
  • Something I really want such as weighing less than I have for at least the last 7 years
  • This post to /r/loseit

All the cells automatically change colours based on an insane amount of spreadsheet formatting I did (but I love spreadsheeting), almost every week when I add an updated current weight something else will change colour.

Having all the micro goals has been such a key contributor for me in the last 2 months. I am almost always hitting some key number in one of the weight systems which just helps keep me focusing on that next little goal while the big goals hit themselves.

 

Motivation vs Inspiration

The way I see it is that for a successful weight loss regime you need inspiration and motivation. 🔥 Inspiration is the spark that starts the fire (gets you going for a couple of weeks), 🌳 motivation is the fuel in the fire (keeps you going until the end).

What I found when I started losing wasn't that I actually had a lack of motivation, not this time and probably not for a long time. I've been wanting to diet for the last 5 years, what I've really been lacking in is the inspiration. The day at the play centre with the 1-year-old was the spark I needed to get going. Alongside this my key motivators aren't actually on the spreadsheet, the main reasons I've wanted to lose weight are:

  • Not being a fat dad, someone that can run around a play centre and kick a ball around with their kid without being exhausted in 10 seconds
  • Not being a fat husband, who snores likes a pig and lives off an inhaler
  • There are 1 or 2 other things

All I was missing was the spark to get me going until it gets "easy" a few weeks in. Don't get me wrong those first few weeks are so hard but without the spark and the fuel I'd not be 58 lbs down now.

 

Favourite Goals I've Hit

Some of the fun little numbers I've hit on this journey:

  1. 5 trouser sizes down, started at 52" waist and can now fit in a 42" waist
  2. I'm still using the same belt as when I started and I'm onto my 7th belt notch now, I'll get a new one when I'm 10 notches in but it's like my own badge of honour now
  3. Weigh less than 300lbs for the first time since 2015
  4. My initial goal was 52lbs within a year, 1 pound a week. I hit this goal in less than 4 months, really happy with this one.
  5. Two BMI obesity classes down! Two to go before I'm only 'overweight'.
  6. Hopefully I'll be back here in another 42 pounds to post an update 🤞

 

Day to Day Weight Loss

I'm just counting calories, I'm not looking at protein or carbs just CICO. I started at 2160 a day just for a week then dropped to 1900 and dropped another 100 every time I lost a stone. I've got to 1600 a day now which seems to be working fine. I eat so much fruit and veg but can still get treats in it's working great.

I used to get fast food/takeaway 5-7 days a week so one of the biggest god sends has been the right sort of takeaway. Chicken kebabs on pitta with salad and sriracha, around 600 calories but it's a real takeaway and helps me so much on this diet knowing I can get a nice meal without breaking budget.

 

TL;DR and Pictures

I've lost 58 pounds, 🔥🌳, 5 trouser sizes, dropped 2 BMI classes and made a spreadsheet. I'm 33% of the way to my final goal.

Trouser sizes

Slight Face Change: 354 Pound Passport Photo vs 295 pound Blue Steel

Slight Gut Change

Didn't plan my pictures well enough in advance, just working with what I've got.

submitted by /u/Accendil
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/312upmc

No comments:

Post a Comment