Sunday, June 2, 2019

Transitioning to maintenance and the effect on mental heath

How do people here deal with the transition to maintenance and the impact on mental health. I have reached my goal weight for the first time and am trying to maintain. At times it feels like I have developed an unhealthy relationship with food, constantly judging myself for everything I eat. I also find I feel guilty very easily for eating anything previously considered “off-limits” - which is really discouraging.

I though that when I reached my goal I would have a normal relationship with food. To be able to enjoy life, eat well and be healthy, but I find my weight loss journey has resulted in the opposite. Constantly feeling guilty and ashamed of everything related to food.

submitted by /u/SmellyOnion
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/bw1l71/transitioning_to_maintenance_and_the_effect_on/

No comments:

Post a Comment