Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Gained weight last week, but I responded constructively!

Positive post!

Idk if this is a big deal for other people, but in the past if I had setbacks, I would get discouraged and struggle not to give up. But this past week I gained a pound instead of losing, and instead of giving up, I’ve felt really motivated to eat better this week. I’m really proud of myself for not only thinking forward, but for acting on it, too! I’ve meal planned better, shopped better, and controlled my portions better this week, and I feel good! I’ve been plateauing around 176 for a while so I definitely needed to refocus. Maybe gaining a pound last week will turn out to actually be a good thing in the long run if it means I can break out of this plateau and start making more progress towards my weight loss goals!

Don’t give up, guys! If you gain instead of lose, instead of beating yourself up, make positive changes to be healthier!

PS: I don’t just weigh myself once a week, but I write down my weight at the very beginning of every week to give perspective beyond everyday fluctuations. I’ve overall got a downward trend. Since mid-January, this is only the second week my weight has been higher when I weighed in instead of lower/about the same. (The first week it happened was a week when I was traveling. I kind of gave myself that week off to binge on enchiladas. Sad story, I ended up with food poisoning before I even had one plate of enchiladas and didn’t gain very much weight at all because I felt too sick to eat enchiladas as much as I had planned. Alas.)

submitted by /u/milgita
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2KcdbNS

No comments:

Post a Comment