Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Dieting and progress pics

I started my weight loss journey around December, when my scale reported that I had hit my heaviest weight I've ever been 255 lbs. Now I've always been on the bigger side, maintaining a weight of 235-ish for the past decade, so seeing a number 20 pounds heavier was a real downer. This was the start of my eating healthier and starting to get back to the gym at least once a week.

Fast forward a couple of months, with 10 pounds lost between December and March, I started seeing a gastroenterologist for digestive issues that I've been experiencing. After a colonoscopy and endoscopy where they found massive inflammation in my esophagus, stomach, upper intestine, along with polyps and inflammation in my colon and lower intestines, I came to the conclusion, now's the time to really change things up. Really the time to make this change was a decade ago, but better now than later.

I started with a Paleo diet, and it's been 3 months with an additional 30 pounds down. Weighing in this morning at 213, the lightest I've been since 2003, and I feel great. The majority of my digestive issues have subsided (to the point i no longer take nexium every day for heartburn). In tune with other posts on here, it's not about when you should have started, it's that you HAVE started at all. Even in moments of frustration, stick with it, cheat less, live more. You got this!

Weight loss graph: https://imgur.com/1uPL6U1

Progress pic: https://imgur.com/VxOYAYc

submitted by /u/tonytwotoes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2MDOU5m

No comments:

Post a Comment