Thursday, June 6, 2019

Grateful for Accountability

I've been struggling with weight loss for years. Part of it is my mental illness, part of it is my picky eating, and a lot of it is my sugar addiction (and lack of self control.) I do a full workout 2-3 times a week, and have been logging my meals as honestly as I can, and it's helping.

But I'm grateful for friends. Yesterday there was cake in the office. I'm pretty new here so I didn't know where the cake was. My friend/co-worker wouldn't tell me. I have a friend who had a major health incident where he almost died. He works out almost every day. He holds me accountable. I ran into my personal trainer while working out yesterday. He added an opening to his schedule to get a session in for me this week (he had to cancel our already scheduled session). He holds me accountable. And gives me "homework" workouts to do. And if I don't do them on my own, I hear about it.

Everyone has their own means of doing this, but accountability is my big one. I no longer work in an office that has bagels and donuts and pizza constantly, and twenty-five cent sodas a mere 50 feet from my cubicle. We do donuts in the office once a month for birthdays, and I'll treat myself to that but that's it.

Learning to make sugar a treat instead of a main food group is a challenge, but having friends help me avoid temptation helps.

I say this as I'm drinking a Coke, but it happens. I'm not perfect.

Down 7 lbs in the last 8 weeks or so, so it's helping.

submitted by /u/icanhaznaptime
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2wGFxXK

No comments:

Post a Comment