Tuesday, June 4, 2019

How long are you lasting?

Background: I'm two years in, down 50+ lbs - sometimes losing the same few pounds, but differently due to exercise (example, I was the same weight last year and ecstatic to fit into mens XL shirts and women's L shorts, now at the same weight, I fit into size men's S shirts and Medium/Small women's shorts.) The plan previously was to get to medium then go on maintenance for a few months, then get to small. Instead, I got to medium and kept pushing hard until my body was like, eh, no. I got the flu, lost 10lbs, gained back 20 during recovery and I decided to slow down a bit. Which put things in maintenance, as I tried different things to make a new cutting meal plan.

I got a plan I could enjoy and started my cut in late Feb, and I've lost 18lbs so far. The plan was to lose 20lbs by August, each month adding a new element to keep things moving.

The last two weeks I've stalled, so I had a refeed day yesterday. I notice I tend to break plateaus by drastically upping calories for a day or two. I want to keep going through August, to see what kind of weight loss can be achieved with this meal plan that has been working the best I've seen of all I've tried thus far.

After August, I plan on going on to maintenance through October, go super aggressive in November to prepare for the five pounds people seem to inevitably gain in December. In January, start again with this same meal plan I'm on, but switch up my workout mix through March, after which I'll review and figure things out from there.

I remember a time when I was meal to meal. Then day to day. Exercise wise, it started a few minutes to a few minutes, then workout to workout, then week to week, then months at a time. Nutrition only recently started to work for me week to week. Then I notice I could go month to month, and now I'm thinking ahead to March of next year, which is nine months from now, and a year since I started my new meal plan. I can't even begin to explain what a mental shift this is from the days of meal to meal.

How long are you lasting? Hour by hour? Meal by meal? One workout at a time? One athletic season at a time? If you go a long time, where did you start?

submitted by /u/WonderWomanIRL
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2IhlIf8

No comments:

Post a Comment