Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Sticking to nutrition goals when your partner eats poorly?

I've gained quite a bit of weight in my adult life (stopped sports, started a sedentary desk job) and for the past year or so have really been struggling to lose weight and yo-yo-ing pretty consistently.

I've recently gotten back into athletics which is great, but of course we all know you can't out train a poor diet. I've always struggled with self-control with food, whether it be portion sizes, junk food, snacking etc., and have always had a rocky relationship in general with food with an on and off relationship with binge eating.

I live with my significant other of 5+ years who knows about my struggles with weight loss and food, and is also overweight himself. However, my big struggle with yo-yo-ing comes back to my self control issue, which is heavily, heavily tested by my significant other. While I'm trying really hard to home cook healthy meals, and eat healthier and appropriate portions - I'll come home to takeout I would obviously much prefer to eat...pizza, Thai, burgers, you name it. I'll always be fine, while annoyed to start, but then eventually I feel like I just fold and eat poorly for another period of time.

I've tried talking to my partner about this, and while he says he understands, nothing really changes. I just feel frustrated and defeated, and am wondering if anyone else deals/has dealt with this kind of situation, and what I can do to try and make my health journey easier in this regards?

submitted by /u/carefreekoala
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Z7S1DQ

No comments:

Post a Comment