Wednesday, June 5, 2019

How to raise metabolism after previous calorie restriction

Hello, before I start I know this might sound like I have/had an eating disorder but I don't because I have no issues eating normally and don't have any guilt associated with it, and have no desire to be underweight. I just didn't understand weight loss last year and thought I could lose weight for an event quickly if I stopped eating (ugh). Basically I lost about 40 pounds or so (I was overweight before) by eating 250-500 calories a day most days for 3-4 months, was awful and the worst few months of my life at the time but I thought it would never come back and I could eat normally again (obviously weight came back and I'm overweight again). So that was about a year ago, since then I've been trying to lose weight normally (1200-1500 a day, Fitbit says I burn 2000 calories a day) and no matter how long I follow it, I maintain weight. I even tried intermittent fasting, true fasting, keto, low carb, high fat low carb, everything (all for long periods of time) and didn't lose on any of them. Honestly I don't know what to do now and I feel terrible for ruining my metabolism, I wish someone had explained to me that that would happen, but I just want to be normal and healthy again now. How can I raise it?

submitted by /u/laviederose
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2wDWd24

No comments:

Post a Comment