Friday, June 14, 2019

I chose the SLOW way. Fewer results. But steady. Feeling happy now. Did walking helped?

I never had weight health problems. I always thought that I could lose some weight, though. 157cm for 141 lbs. I went for a quick diet program to lose it all in 1 month. Tried it 4 or 5 times but I usually went back to my old diet habits once I thought I had lost enough.

This time, I wanted to make it slow. My goal was to lose 20lbs. I thought, let's make it in 6 months. My diet plan was to aim for veggies, fruits, starches & vegetal proteins only. Removing most sugar and meat intakes. I was focusing on 3 products each week. Long enough to be sure I would remove them from my habits. I didn't see much improvement in the 1st month. I needed to find alternatives to these sugar/fat pleasures which I did on the 2nd month. My weight reduced by 2lbs. It just slightly decreased but it was a good sign.

I usually work at the office all day. I don't have an active lifestyle especially since I got that ankle problem. But I wanted to add some physical exercises to my plan. Walking was fine so I started to implement walks in my routine. Without big expectation.

The result after 1-month of walking: no big improvement in my weight loss. I just lost another 2 lbs. Not super great even if better than stagnation. But something else changed. Adopting these small changes and keeping them made me feel more confident and self-disciplined. The diet I'm following doesn't feel like it's a burden anymore and I'm even excited to start each week with new challenges. I'm feeling more positive and I'm more motivated to keep carry on that diet.

Did that small physical activity trigger all this positiveness? Or I'm just being lucky to feel better at that moment?

Now I wonder if I'm on the good path to achieve my objective. 3 months left to lose 17lbs.

How can I improve it to be sure I'll achieve it?

submitted by /u/g_pinkflamingo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2IfMnu0

No comments:

Post a Comment