Friday, June 14, 2019

SV: GOAL! I really thought I'd never see the day

Hello!

My favorite part of these posts is progress pics so here you go!

In the album- two same outfit pics, how loose my shorts got, and the selfie that started it all.

Villainous backstory:

I've lost weight before in high school by logging everything that went in my mouth and while I did learn that single candies can add up if you eat one at a time, ten times a day, it really wasn't the healthiest as I was skipping meals and eating dried cranberries because I hated them so much they would kill my appetite. I got down to 140 then, but intentionally gained it all back as I panicked when my weight loss made me noticeably weaker.

A Hero's First Steps:

Cut to college and I'm now at 185 and 5'3", which makes me obese. And I could feel it. If you're wondering what motivated me to this success so that you can steal it, it was a selfie where I was exuberantly happy. And noticeably fat and pale. I felt and still feel horrible for past me being so sick.

Spring of 2018 I decided to try the keto diet, and actually had quite a bit of success with it. I lost 35 pounds in a few months, was feeling great, and at that point I was getting my comfort eating under control.

But then I was involved in an extremely stressful situation (On the order of supervising 40 coworkers spread across a city with an active shooter. The shooter approached one of my coworkers and their panic spread to me) and that one chocolate chip cookie given to me during that stress was calorically nothing, but it brought my stress and comfort eating back with a vengeance.

Mental Health Interlude:

I spent about 6 months maintaining around 140 as I got my head back in line. It was long and exhausting, and I could barely manage one day on any diet. I would binge and gain a few pounds of water weight, feel terrible, lose the water weight and so on. The only thing that I could do at that time was start running. I completed the c25k program after a professor terrified me into understanding the importance of vascular health.

The Incredible Rise from the Ashes:

Cut to my current status- I've decided to eat vegan for the environment and my own preference, as my pickiness about meat led to a lot of waste. I'm very happy with the WOE and am losing again through running and a small caloric deficit. (Damn being short, my BMR is ~1300, exercise is a must to lose anything now)

I still have a few pounds to lose, I'd like to get to a BMI closer to 20 for aesthetics, but I'm also much more focused on strength and endurance so I don't get a repeat of high school panic gain.

What did I learn?

  1. Coming from a place of love for my body- I want it to be healthy and strong, so I never hated the girl in my older pics, I just felt sad for her and promised to do better
  2. My body, my rules. I've had people tell me to maintain where I am, comment that I've gotten so skinny, all that. My best response to them is always that I'm trying to be healthy and what I'm doing is working, usually shuts them up.
  3. One, three, seven days, 6 months, all of these times of gain are not irreversible. Treat every meal like a new chance to make a healthier decision. Sometimes even one day is too much, but one snack can be handled.
  4. Get support through lots of communities. My support needs changed and so my place of getting support did too. I've bounced from r/Keto, r/xxketo, r/1200isfineIGUESSugh, r/progresspics and of course, r/loseit.

Where do I want to go?

Like I said, I want to get to a BMI of 20, I want to run more and maybe start weightlifting again, pending finding someone to guide me a but. I also want to adopt a cat, get my mental health even better, and improve my relationship with my scale. I need to weigh myself less, but it currently doesn't lead to spirals and I'm in the middle of a woosh, so...

submitted by /u/Misophoniasucksdude
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2IICST0

No comments:

Post a Comment