Monday, June 3, 2019

Learning to accept stretch marks

Hey all. I've been on my weight loss journey for a few weeks now and managed to get from 260 down to 228. It feels great fitting into smaller clothes and I'm happy to be making positive changes in my life for once.

I'm 20 years old and for the entirety of my life until recently I ate terribly. My parents never taught me how to eat healthy so I've always been overweight. I never really cared about my appearance until recently and I feel like my carelessness has resulted in a lot of irreversible damage.

I started looking at people's weight loss transformations online and I got so hopeful that maybe one day I could have an amazing body with lots of patience and hard work. I get really motivated when I look at the progress that others have made and the idea of being able to live comfortably in my own skin is something I've always dreamed of.

This weight loss journey has made me more conscious of my own body. For the first time ever I've begun to explore and slowly began to notice that the entirety of my upper body is effectively scarred with these deep, unsightly stretch marks. I've always been very secretive of my body and never change in front of anyone.

Being careless all these years means I was never paying attention to these things, and when I started standing in the light of my lamp I just felt terrible looking around and seeing all these nasty lines all over my body. I'm taking shoulders, stomach, back. Pretty much everywhere.

I've done my fair share of research and I know that these marks are permanent but it honestly hurts to know that even though I continue to work towards getting in shape that I'll never have the confidence to wear a tank top or go to the beach shirtless.

It's extremely depressing to run my fingers across my body and feel nothing but stretch marks everywhere. It really destroys my confidence because I can't even begin to fathom comfortably being shirtless in front of anyone.

These are the consequences of a lifetime of poor decisions and I'm aware that I must learn to accept them but it's just so extremely difficult. Whenever I see a guy with a flawless body with no loose skin or stretch marks in sight I feel nothing but shame because I know I can never achieve that myself.

Have any of you gone through something similar? How did you learn to accept these things? Any advice is sincerely appreciated.

submitted by /u/L-Nex
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2WJF0TA

No comments:

Post a Comment