Wednesday, June 12, 2019

NSV: I think I can believe compliments on my appearance again!

Posting this is a big deal to me and makes me nervous. Anyway, here goes.

I don't have the exact numbers, but I (23F) went from approximately 82 kgs three years ago to (today's number on the scale) 63.7 kg. (Americans: 181 lbs to 140 lbs).

Two years ago I actively avoided mirrors, photo's, and even social events because I hated the way I looked. At some point, "I look horrible" became my default mindset.

I have a few super attractive friends who get loads of comments on how good they look. Being the obese one, I knew that any compliments about me were out of well-meant kindness/pity, and I started to hate them.

After a break-up, then living in another country for half a year, then returning to my old social circles, people started commenting on how I looked pretty. A few people didn't recognize me.

I didn't believe any of them. In my mind, the weight loss didn't do anything. I still saw the same face that I had grown to hate. I was used to dismissing any talk of me looking good. I pretty much believed that any guy I dated secretly hated my face.

And then someone grew tired of me not believing my progress and showed me some pictures that I wish didn't exist at all, from when I was at my heaviest. I hated seeing them, and now I'm going to do something incredibly scary and post my face progress pics on reddit.

https://imgur.com/a/777Sh43

Here's hoping nobody will recognize me, because I try to hide this part of my life from everyone, but you know what? I'm going to try to stop hiding myself, and be proud again. It's time to change my mindset.

submitted by /u/PostmodernChinchilla
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2F5JIB5

No comments:

Post a Comment