Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Plateau?

I started losing weight (for basically the first time in my life) back in October. I lost about 70 lbs over the next 7 months and it has been amazing. I have gone down so many clothing sizes, I feel so much stronger and I generally feel better in my own skin and just in my energy levels generally. I have been big basically my entire life, and finally losing the excess weight has been amazing.

But I hit my first goal weight at the beginning of April, and although I lost a few more pounds after that, now I'm stuck in this same 10 lbs and it's driving me crazy. I know it's my fault too, which makes it worse. When I was losing weight consistently I was counting calories and macros and I was very conscious and dedicated all the time with only eating things that would be good for me. I let myself have treats and extra calories some days, I wasn't overly strict, but I was very dedicated. Now that I've reached my first goal though and I feel so much better, it's just hard for me to feel as dedicated as I did.

My problem is I that I started at ~300 lbs and now I'm down to ~230, and having sat at and around the 230 mark for the past 7 weeks, I'm finally feeling comfortable in my skin again (I recognize myself in the mirror, I don't feel like I'm just so skinny anymore, which is how I felt after dropping 70 lbs so fast). I can recognize that I've made progress, but that I want to continue losing weight.

But now it's harder, and I just keep letting myself have things that I know are not helpful to continuing to lose weight. My diet is the driver of my weight loss, and I'm having a hard time sticking to my diet plans anymore-- especially on the weekends and I'm home more.

Has anyone else dealt with this before? Meeting the first goal (of many) and losing motivation/steam?

submitted by /u/lambcow
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2I8vtgU

No comments:

Post a Comment