Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Day 1 - Just turned 33 and second child is due any day. Want to be around for my kids’ kids.

While I don’t have a ton of weight to lose (~30lbs), as just about anyone in this community will attest to, even a small amount of weight is extremely difficult to lose and even harder to maintain. I’ve been on the yo-yo plan for years and it obviously isn’t working. With my second kid nearly here, I’m done procrastinating. I need to make a change. Consistent exercise and eating in a healthful way are my primary goals with weight loss and toning up hopefully being nice additional benefits.

One thing I always struggle with is finding trustworthy books/articles/studies about eating to be healthy (most are geared toward losing weight, gaining muscle, etc). While being at a healthy weight is an important piece to the puzzle, I think focusing solely on weight can also be detrimental to overall health. I read “Eat, Drink and Be Healthy” a while back and thought it was pretty good. I’d love to get some suggestions from everyone though!

I’m 207 today and have unhealthy eating habits. That ends now. Wish me luck! With a newborn on the way, I’ll need it. Haha!

submitted by /u/JLT707
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2IyhK1Q

No comments:

Post a Comment