Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Weight loss status; open for suggestions

All,

I have embarked on a weight loss journey ever since Jan-Feb on 2019 and till date I have lost close to 30Lbs. I am a 24y/o male at 5'8 and started with 231Lbs and am now at the threshold of 200lbs.

It's been tough going since I am used to a sedentary life style. I am also a vegetarian my whole life so finding good and steady sources of protein was a little tough, but not impossible.

List of things I did:

1) Downloaded MyFitnessPal app and tracked my intake

2) Made a sort-of home gym. Bought a treadmill, couple of weights and an adjustable benchpress bench.

3) Downloaded an app to do Tabata style HIIT.

4) Alternated between HIIT days and normal cardio days while also doing strength training. I cant do push-ups to save my life at the beginning but I am now able to do a grand total of 3 at a time.

5) Made the change a part of who I am rather than counting down the days.

6) Avoided added sugar and sugary foods, processed foods as much as mentally and physically possible.

7) Quenched my sugar craving with fresh/frozen fruits

8) I cheated and I am glad I did. I never wanted to go into a mode where I mentally felt caged or locked up. So letting my self go and eat up helped me put things into perspective. It actually worked as a source of motivation for me to go out and burn those extra calories or to eat in deficit the following days.

9) When I hit a weight loss plateau, I over ate a day to jut shake things up and confuse my body to come out of that "I-have-to-survive-and-not-lose-weight mode.

10) Increased my intakes of protein and sources of protein and gradually got rid of sources of Carbs.

That being said, I am not losing weight as fast as I was losing couple of months before; this is where I wanted help

can you please suggest me if there are things that I am not doing that I should be doing? or are there things that I am doing but am not supposed to?

Will be thankful if you can suggest things to me.

Part of the reason, I wanted to write this is to share my routine with people who are also going through the phase

Thanks.

submitted by /u/hashirama15
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2KaEWWW

No comments:

Post a Comment