Friday, June 14, 2019

Two years ago at 17 years old I found r/loseit. 150+ pounds and two years later at 19 years old, I’m here to share my story.

Before and after

2017 was a hard year for me, I was a obese kid in high school. I was unhappy with my looks, and I never tried to tell myself I did. Social anxiety and depression crept on me constantly. I felt outcast. I didn’t know where to even begin when it came to weight.

Somehow I stumbled on r/loseit and found out about CICO. I was intrigued by the claim that restricting calories, without restricting what you ate, could actually equal weight loss. More than that, I could calculate almost exactly how much I’d lose in a week.

I started by eating 1500 calories a day, and immediately saw weight loss. Having been overweight, and now obese for most of my life, I was in awe.

Fast forward a year later, and life began changing. I stopped chafing at my thighs, the heat wasn’t so overbearing, I didn’t snore as much, I had more energy, but most of all: I was treated better.

I never had any interaction with girls by 17. This obviously changed. I started to mingle with others and my social skills increased tenfold. I felt comfortable around others, because I felt comfortable in my own body.

There’s a lot more to talk about, but I’ll keep it short. I ate 1500 calories a day with no excersise. I went from roughly 300 pounds down to 130lb by 18 years old.

My biggest struggle has been with body dysmorphia. It’s extremely hard to see myself like others do, but time is the ultimate healer, and that has proved right for many things related to my weight loss.

If you have any questions, please ask!

submitted by /u/TwitchSubSlinger
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2KlB6dU

No comments:

Post a Comment