Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Unhealthy Relationship With Food

Hi, long time creeper first time poster. I just started getting serious about losing weight when I realized I am the heaviest I've ever been. 20 years old 5'8 230 lbs (obese) female. Goal weight is 160 (normal weight for my height)

I've struggled with my weight for practically all of my life; I've been bullied about my weight by my peers, family, and most of all myself. I overeat a lot because I turn to food to cope with my emotions. Sometimes when things get really bad I physically cannot stop myself from eating and eating and i end up crying while shoving my hand back into a bag of cheetos. I'm disgusted at myself for being obese and the only thing that makes me feel better is shoving my face full of more foods that will make me even bigger.

Recently I downloaded the myfitnesspal app to try and count/track my calories and it's telling me I should be having 1350 calories in a day. It's only been a week and I find myself entering stuff in and being absolutely obsessed with getting the "calories remaining" counter down to zero. I'll eat and as I'm entering stuff in I'll be like "I can't wait to eat dinner I have so many calories left!" My mind is even more on food than it used to be because I have a visual and virtual reminder in my pocket.

I'll see stuff in the grocery store and I find myself wanting to buy (and eat) and entire thing of mini cupcakes, which I would never think about before. I just think I'm too weak to ever lose weight and I'm destined to be the fat girl forever. Theres really nobody in my life that can/want to keep me accountable and are willing to help me in my weight loss process and I was wondering is any of this normal? I dont have many people who might have gone through the same thing.

submitted by /u/Klarinette18
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Kw0nRK

No comments:

Post a Comment