Monday, June 10, 2019

Weight loss and Spanish

Here's a quick progress pic: https://imgur.com/a/MV8WBdL

I've been reading a lot of the posts on here and I would like to thank everyone for sharing their weight loss journeys. I would like to share my story in the hopes that it will also inspire others who are in the same boat.

I started with my lazy weight loss journey at probably over 90kg (198lbs+, US Size 12) in December 2017 and managed to lose some weight but gained some back. I've basically been yoyo-ing around 85kg (187lbs) for a while until I finally decided to take control of my weight when I met someone during a trip to the US. So I really liked this guy but he friend zoned me and so I was challenged me to finally do something about my weight.

I told myself that the next time I'm seeing him in July/Aug I will have already achieved my goal weight of 60kg (132lbs) and will be able to speak Spanish. Spanish because we used to laugh about the fact that every time we go to a Mexican restaurant the staff would start talking to me and I would freeze coz I don't speak Spanish. Weight loss and Spanish all because I wanted to impress him and prove a point.

About mid-March I was 86kg (189lbs, US Size 10). When I got home to my home country after my 2-month trip I set a goal to lose 30kg (66lbs) and be somewhat conversational in Spanish. Fast forward to June 4, I'm down to 72kg (158lbs, US Size 8). Lost a total weight of 14kg (30lbs) so far and dropped a dress size.

Basically here's how I did it:

- Intermittent fast every day and have my meals from 10am to 6pm

- I started Brazilian jiu jitsu 2 months ago

- OMAD every now and then. This is not intentional, I just forget to eat

- swapped rice for veggies (carrots, cucumbers, apples, turnips, sometimes chickpeas)

- drank a lot of water

- look at this guy's photo lol (cheesy, i know. Don't judge me haha) and when I feel demotivated I text him and daydream about the time I'll see him again

There were times that I failed to go to the gym and jiu jitsu practice coz I was too busy traveling (2 weeks). Or was just too tired to do anything. There were also times when I wasn't able to follow my eating schedule. I'm also guilty of having a few pieces of chocolate or a cheeseburger every now and then.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that most people would tell you to do it for yourself and I totally agree with it. However, sometimes it is more effective to have an external motivation to help you keep your eyes on the goal. It's not bad to have other people as your inspiration if it gets you closer to your goal because at the end of the you will be benefiting from it anyway. Sometimes the end justifies the means.

Not too long ago I learned he now has a gf. lol It sucks, yes but I moved on anyway. I diverted my motivation and now look forward to my trip to Europe as my new weight loss motivation. I would still thank that guy for the push to start this whole adventure coz now I feel so much better, feel lighter, have better confidence and I can now speak basic Spanish. lol

submitted by /u/bbpaupau01
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Wpb5fj

No comments:

Post a Comment