Thursday, June 6, 2019

Weight loss as ultimate form of self care

Hi all, I'm 24F, 5'5 and 182 pounds. I actually wasn't always overweight. Growing up, I was SUPER skinny, and all through high school I was like a size 2 or 4. However, college is when everything changed. My depression got really bad. Scary bad. And I no longer cared about my well-being, so I ate like absolute garbage. I thought "Why bother eating healthy, when I'm not going to be here for much longer?" I lived off Taco Bell, pizza, Chipotle, and soda, and now I'm carrying around an extra 60 pounds. I'm doing much, much better now! I found medication and a therapist that work for me, and I feel almost normal again. The way I see it, is my self-harm marks have gone away, the suicidal thoughts are (mostly) quiet, and now the next step is to get rid of all this extra weight I gained when I was depressed. I'm so surprised that it's actually not as hard as I thought it would be, and I can't wait to keep going on this journey and get my body back to the way it's supposed to be. (Really not trying to fatshame people, some people can be perfectly healthy at my weight, but I know that it's not for me since I've been skinny all my life until I went off the rails.

submitted by /u/Everybodyslonely
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2XuTMuw

No comments:

Post a Comment