Monday, August 5, 2019

6 months in and I'm down 30lbs and I've packed on quite a bit of muscle. 310-280/M/28

About a month ago I started structuring my workouts much better. I've been following the strong lifts 5x5 but modifying it for lower weights and higher reps. I workout 5-6 days a week with three big workouts and three smaller workouts.

Diet wise I haven't changed much, 2300 calories a day (I'm 6" and 280lbs for refence) and I make sure to hit 130g of protein each day (1g per KG of body weight).

This has had me on a fairly steady weight loss trend. It's slowed a lot since I started lifting more but I'm shedding inches where it counts even if the scale isn't changing. I've dropped from a 42" pants to a 38", XXXL shirts to XXL, and my chest now sticks out further than my belly.

Like I've always said on this sub. The scale isn't everything. Inches, strength and our overall health count for a lot more than a number on a scale. Yes, that number is import, but don't stress out if it isn't dropping as fast as you'd like.

submitted by /u/buttfullofsnakes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2T6rXHH

No comments:

Post a Comment