Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Attempting a short-term goal to create a long-term lifestyle

It may not be the best type of motivation. Looking forward to a date or an event. I know it’s not the way to go about weight loss and is not conducive to long term results. However, I have been in a funk both mentally and emotionally for a while that has affected me tremendously on the physical aspect. I have gained weight and am out of shape and can’t seem to stick with the “do it for the rest of your life” mentality. This may be rogue thought, however it may just help me to have a short term goal. And it may just give me the motivation to create the discipline I need to stick to a goal long term. I have an event coming up in October. I love at-home work out routines. Think 21 day fix, insanity, etc. I have thrived on them in the past and haven’t been able to stick with it recently since I’ve been stuck on the mindset to create habits for life. I need a shot term goal. I need to get in shape for an event that I will not be fat for! Well, when I heard of this event coming in October it was the perfect time frame to fit in an at-home routine for 12 weeks. I know, I know, I should be thinking long term. Well, given how uncommitted I have been recently this could be a “jumping off” tool to catapult me back into my normally fit mindset and lifestyle. I want it to set a drive in me ya know? I will not be fat at this event. I am very all-or-nothing. This 12 week dedication could create a fire in me to make it long term and last forever. What do you guys think? Can you relate?

submitted by /u/SwampAss3
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OL0nkQ

No comments:

Post a Comment