Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Can someone help? I need diet advice.

Hi all—so, a short bit about me. I'm currently 235lbs and need to lose weight. Two years ago, I managed to shed about 50lbs and felt great about myself, but then I got into a relationship and let myself go and now I'm back where I started.

Three months ago, I started to diet the same way I had before, which was just controlling my calorie intake: simple as that! But, strangely, the weight wasn't falling off of me like it did before. In the first week, I lost roughly 5lbs, and then in the following SIX WEEKS I lost less than 4lbs, despite sticking strictly to my diet. So, I gave up again and ballooned to my biggest size: About 250lbs.

Three weeks ago, I started dieting again. I should probably point out here that I've tried tons of different diets, but calorie-controlled was what had worked for me before, so I decided to try it. Yet again, I had a huge loss in my first week (6lbs) but in the last two weeks combined I've only shed another 1lb.

Literally the only thing that's different to my diet two years ago is that my boyfriend is a chef and cooks dinner most nights. He is very helpful in calorie-counting, but because of his cooking know-how, he often makes meals that are fairly low-calorie but in big portions. Could the portion size be affecting my weight loss?

For a bit of extra background, I work an office job, mostly chained to a desk, so I don't get a lot of exercise, but I do go swimming once a week and take a short walk around the block every night (about 3,000 steps).

Thank you for any advice you can give!!

submitted by /u/tell_it_to_the_lyman
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YV6ojD

No comments:

Post a Comment