Wednesday, August 14, 2019

I want to look good for my wedding, and the rest of my life.

Hey everyone! I’ve been a relatively long-time lurker, but I’ve decided I need to post and really get serious about my weight loss journey.

I’m a 25 y/o male, 6’0” and ~235 pounds. I played lacrosse in college, so I’m fairly athletic and have definitely been in good shape before. But, when I turned 21, I started drinking fairly relatively, and now I’m to the point where usually binge drink twice a week, and very often even more.

I currently have a gym membership, and over the last 11 months, I’ve been pretty good about it, but haven’t been able to get into the habit of going every day, or even 3 times a week. I’m the last month, I think I’ve gone twice... I’ve also been a lot more conscious about what I eat, but food and beer are 2 of my favorite things on earth, which makes losing weight really hard.

I just got engaged to my now fiancée, and we want to get married in April. I need to change my lifestyle and start being really healthy.

So, what are some initial tips about how to go about this? How do I stay motivated? What works best when trying to lose weight? How do I learn how to enjoy cardio (cuz I fucking hate it)? How hard is it actually going to be? Etc.

And also, how do I change my tag to say “25M, start weight: 235, goal weight 180”?

submitted by /u/DJ-Kouraje
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YQy09q

No comments:

Post a Comment