Wednesday, August 14, 2019

36lbs Down in 3.5 Months!

Hello! I started trying to get healthy in April of this year(2019). I am 5’9 and clocked in at about 181lbs in April, the most I’ve ever weighed in my entire life. I’m in my late 20s so I realize that’s not a very long period of time, but when I was in my teens and early 20s I was more in the vein of 125-135lbs, though in an unhealthy means. In my teens I’d often just stop eating altogether until I dropped back down to my preferred weight. Obviously that’s not a great approach to weight loss, and I partially attest my high gain to the unhealthy lifestyle in my youth. So moving forward, I’ve attempted many diets and many workouts, none of which stuck. I hate working out deeply and could never find something I liked well enough to continue it regularly. And as for diets, they would always end with me binging immediately after the diet time frame was finished, and any minimal weight loss was undone within weeks.

I realized I needed a permanent change. In April I decided to cut all breads and beers and focus on veggies, fruits and meats. I treated it like an allergy, telling myself no instead of maybe. Within a month I was down 15lbs(166lbs) and within two months I lost another 11lbs and was down to 155lbs. I seemed to stop progress at that point, so I decided to also cut all alcohol, and that third month I made it down to 145lbs!

I’ve stayed there and fluctuated slightly between 145-148lbs but have managed to continue my diet shift, and happily. It was rough at first. The cravings were real. But after the first month I noticed that things I used to love no longer were appealing to me. I used to love candies like skittles, and deep fried foods, and now I have zero interest.

My advice for others is just what I’ve read on this sub continually. The best change is an entire life style change, and however best you can keep yourself in check and modify your eating to be healthier, the better. And mind you, I have not adopted an exercise regiment as of yet. It is something I’m planning on soon after I’m settled in from my recent move to a new home. I believe it is the next step to me being the best version of myself, inside and out.

For others who are trying to lose weight, don’t give up! There seems to be a couple of rough spots to overcome, but as long as you keep your head up and be stubborn about the change, your body will change too!

before and after

submitted by /u/TootyMcfruityPoots
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YPYiZh

No comments:

Post a Comment