Thursday, August 22, 2019

Crossposted, need macro help please! + Lifting help

Hi! So I’ve always been pretty overweight from my teenage years on. I lost 100+ pounds when I was 20 and then I had kids, gained weight back and then recently lost about 70 pounds. Pic for reference So, I know how to lose weight. I’m a pro at counting calories, weighing food, tracking macros and all of that. I still have about 20 more pounds to lose and am struggling pretty bad with it.

The first 100 pounds I lost, I was young and was able to spend hours on hours in the gym, I didn’t have a car so I biked and walked everywhere. The second time around weight loss, I did keto, but now I suffer from many chronic illnesses and I have two children with autism. Life is pretty hectic and I’m incredibly tired. I have used several macro calculator sites and I’ve gotten SO many different macro calculations on what I should be using and honestly, it just stresses me out. I use one for a month, I stick with it, gain weight, and get mad. It’s a vicious cycle. I pretty much just want someone to tell me what my macros should be haha.

In terms of working out, I work out 4-5 days a week. I ride my bike to the gym (8-10 miles roundtrip depending on which way I go) do my cardio/lifting, and then ride back home. I usually lift for about an hour and a half and then cardio for 20 min. When I lift, I usually try to do 3 sets of 20 just because OCD. I’m not even sure if this is even enough. Should I be doing more? Is this why I’m not gaining muscle? Or should I be upping my cardio to lose body fat so that muscle will show? I have POTS, so I can only stick with recumbent cardio. It took me 2 years to work back up to working out the way I want to basically and I’m happy to be where I’m at and I don’t want to mess it up. I have passed out several times at the gym and it’s embarrassing. Anyways, here are my stats:

28 year old female 145 pounds 5’3” I am a stay at home mom, so I am pretty sedentary during the day but I do try and have intense exercises. My heart rate gets in the 160’s (which is pretty elevated for me)

At the gym, I kind of just do all the machines that I can and like I said, do 3 sets of 20 just because. Not even sure if I should be doing that. HALP!

submitted by /u/newgirlwhodis
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Npv8t1

No comments:

Post a Comment