Thursday, August 8, 2019

Depression and Weight Loss

I’ve been in the battle of attempting to lose weight for YEARS.

To set the stage, I’m a 30 year old female with a wonderful husband and an adorable six month old son. Before I met my husband, I was in the Army for four years and was in great shape. Once I got out due to PTSD and depression, I ate. And I ate. And I ate some more.

I met my husband when I was 212 lbs. We got married when I was 235 lbs. I got myself down to 187 lbs and was on my way before we hopped states and then surprise! I’m pregnant.

I got myself back down to 195 post baby but then PPD hit and it hit hard. Now I turn to food for comfort. I’m the moneymaker while my husband is on daddy duty and tbh I prefer it this way. I’m not a housewife type of person and I have a degree already. I’m currently working on my Bachelors degree while I work full time. So add another stressor on top of everything.

Before you ask, yes I’m attempting to get therapy. I say attempting because my first appt isn’t until November. But I’m very concerned about my binging habits. I will sneak food without telling my husband. He only realizes it when he checks our bank account and I’ve had multiple fast food runs all week.

So my question is this: how do you all keep yourself from binging and turning to food to comfort you when you’re having a bad day? I tell myself at the beginning of the day that I’ll stay on track, count my calories, and not cheat on my count. But by midday I’m in my car for lunch heading to Wendy’s.

Is this a mental battle that I need to figure out how to win? I want to stop this before I gain even more weight and get to a point where it’s out of control. I want to be healthy for my son.

Thank you if you read all of this and you have any advice!

submitted by /u/viva_la_vixie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZJKj3A

No comments:

Post a Comment