Thursday, August 8, 2019

CICO works! I'm not overweight today!

I became overweight (per BMI) 2 years ago after a cruise. I had never been overweight before and vowed that I would quickly lose the extra one or two pounds. Well, over a year I actually GAINED about 10-15 more pounds, being 190 as my heighest weight for a 190 lb female at 5'10. This was highly distressing for me because growing up the repetitive message from my mom was that being overweight was bad and fat people were to be pitied and pointed out. As someone who is a lot more compassionate than my mom, I thought that was incredibly judgmental but still struggled with the idea that she was judging me harshly every time she saw me. I exercised regularly, as I always have, but of course it was not enough.

I have also struggled a lot with alcohol my whole adult life and that hindered my weight loss. It also gave me some insight when reading other stories on here about binge eaters and their stuggles. They treated food the way I treated alcohol. I tried CICO while also trying to drink a bottle or more of wine a night and up to 2 bottles or sometimes more on Fridays and Saturdays. It was impossible to lose weight this way because I didn't feel satisfied with having enough food when I was saving 650 calories for wine on a weeknight.

Over time I started meditation, therapy, read books, and developed a whole bunch of coping skills and learned that alcohol did me absolutely no favors. I've been sober awhile now and loving it. It was really hard at first but now it's easy because I don't want to drink. I've deconditioned myself towards alcohol. It makes CICO so much easier. When I was drinking I'd snack past my calorie limit and then on the weekends when I was more hungover I'd eat fattening brunches. That all stopped and today I weighed in at a normal weight (per BMI) for the first time in years.

I'm also doing loose intermittent fasting. I don't eat until noon, have a smallish lunch, and a big dinner. I usually stop eating around 8 or 9pm. This helps me manage my calorie deficit.

5'10 female; highest weight: 190; current: 173.6; goal: 155

submitted by /u/iwditt2018
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2GWJDR5

No comments:

Post a Comment