Saturday, August 24, 2019

I hit a milestone high and mentally defeated low within the same week

I've been going to the same gym for a couple years now, and this year I made it a goal to go as much as I could while I was on summer break. I'm changing eating habits, and actually consistently making my 5 am sessions now that school is back in session. I teared up and almost cried this past Tuesday because when I got to the gym because I discovered finally made it on the July Most Active Members list! This is a huge accomplishment for me. Not just going on a regular basis, but being considered a frequent flyer. Felt good.

Cut to Thursday evening for "Meet the Teacher" night. Since it's a long day, admin fed us pizza for dinner. I walked in the room, I got a couple slices and some salad, and I hear the assistant ask me if I've signed in. The principal pipes up and jokes I need to write down how many slices I've eaten next to my name. He cracks up and now his whole table is laughing.

He's a good man, I'm a big guy at 6'0" 260, I've heard it my whole life, he didn't know I've been working on it, and he didn't know I recently had this big personal accomplishment. But that moment hit me like I was in elementary school being picked on by the class bully. I teared up texting my wife about it.

However, I was at least proud that I didn't do my usual self deprecating act and go along with it and joke about myself. I just kinda nodded, half smiled, and sat down. He looked like he felt bad about it.

I was mentally defeated and didn't go to the gym on Friday. But I had a good session today and upped some weights.

I don't hold it against him, but I was blown away at how quickly I went from riding this high to being down in the dumps. I don't usually do either of those and just kinda emotionally coast in regards to my weight loss journey. I haven't felt like that in a long time. Just needed a vent. Thanks.

submitted by /u/ForcedWhimsy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NyOlIT

No comments:

Post a Comment