Sunday, August 25, 2019

I ran my first race yesterday.

And I’ve never felt more alive in my entire life. When I first started my journey on trying to run, it was a disaster. The shin splints. The trouble breathing. The overly excessive sweating. I felt so defeated. But I kept going day after day. And yesterday, I ran my first race! I ran over 2.5 miles in under 32 minutes and I wanted to cry happy tears at the end of it. I never in a million years thought I could run, let alone for over a mile. Never in a million years did I think I could do this, or place in my age group. Heck, I got a $5 prize out of this for coming 3rd (out of 4) in my group! I want to keep this going.

I’m going to commit myself to one race a month from now on, with September already scheduled. I don’t know if I could have ever done this if I had not started my weight loss journey.

submitted by /u/JennixAnn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KXc5oB

No comments:

Post a Comment