Wednesday, August 14, 2019

I think I may have pushed myself too far and am afraid to tackle my plateau.

First, a little background. I began my weight loss at the beginning of May. I began by doing about 1,000 calories a day of nearly entirely protein and vegetables with supplements to cover the vitamins and minerals lost with cutting dairy, root vegetables, and nuts. I quit drinking, and cut gluten as well. Think the ideal protien diet. Before you ask, because the calorie count is low and the diet highly restricted I am medically supervised with weekly check-ins and have experienced no problems or malnutrition.

This worked well with me shedding consistent weight but as I got further along I wanted to make adjustments to see what else I could do to avoid a plateau. I began IF and ate only between the hours of 11AM to 7PM and about 40 lbs down I began attending 60 minute hot yoga 3-4 times per week to establish a fitness regimen I can maintain after I hit my goal. I've since stalled out at 47 lbs down and can't seem to push past it the last 3 weeks. I thought at first that it was because of the exercise and I was building back muscle but my fat percentages have leveled off. I cut down to 900 calories a day a while back because I just wasn't hungry and it was difficult to fit that much food into a small window. I can't cut anymore without jeopardizing myself, and I'm similarly worried about pushing myself too hard at the studio by increasing the frequency of my workouts.

I'm panicking that I've fudged my metabolism and don't really know what to do about it. Of course when I look it up on the web, stress can play a big factor along with sleep. I'm getting less sleep because of early morning workouts, and I am constantly stressed out with this and other life issues, money, work, etc. I feel stuck in this loop of seemingly good choices and don't see a feasible way out. Any advice?

submitted by /u/KittyBitMyFoot
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33v0wfz

No comments:

Post a Comment