Sunday, August 4, 2019

I wonder how long this progress will last?

28/F 5'7-8 SW:300 CW:259

I'm new to this sub, and weight loss in general.

I started this journey incidentally in April. I always wanted to lose weight but had several motivational barriers. 1) I am a picky eater which makes eating right for the long term difficult. 2) I'm completely sedentary and don't find enjoyment in exercise. 3) I was afraid that losing weight would produce a lot of sagging/loose skin and that I would lose a lot of mass in my breasts. If that did happen I would probably end up more critical of my body with loose skin and saggy titties than if I had just stayed fat.

In April I got a really bad GI infection. I lost 11lbs in one week. After that my appetite was really reduced as well as how much I could eat. I took this opportunity to start cutting my portion sizes. Then I started looking up healthy versions of my favorite foods. Eventually I got to the point where I have a few good meals I can prep for work, that I enjoy, and that stay around 500-600 calories and less. I only eat 3 times a day. I've never been a snacker but my portions were always huge. Minimum 1000 calories per meal. Often times higher. I stopped drinking regular soda and juice. I try to only drink water and the occasional diet coke.

I started losing about 10lbs a month. I thought this might continue for 2 months, maybe 3. Then I'd have to start exercising and moving instead of just modifying my eating. I just hit the 40lb mark last week (end of month 4) so I'm still on track. I'm wondering when this is going to plateau and I'll have to start exercising. I have a herniated disc in my back that is causing me a lot of pain, as well as new foot problems. I'm planning on seeing a doctor about both of these problems so hopefully I can work past them and start moving a bit more.

I am still concerned about the skin/breast problem. I've already noticed weight loss in my chest. It causes me a lot of anxiety that I may need plastic surgery if I ever hit a healthy weight. How could I ever afford that? Then I start to worry that that anxiety will start to affect my weight loss and throw me off track.

According to BMI charts a "healthy" weight would be about 150lb. I doubt I would ever get to that. 180lb is more realistic if I really work hard for it. Has anyone else struggled with the fear of loose skin before actually having lost the weight? Did it hold you back? How should I start exercising with physical and financial limitations (no gym memberships)? I have a lot of issues with worrying about whether or not I'll give up/fail so any tips on staying motivated and in the right mindset would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/MLS_toimpress
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YAQUQP

No comments:

Post a Comment