Monday, August 5, 2019

I’m so sick of apologizing for my body to those around me.

I’m on my weight loss journey and while I don’t see progress yet I know I’m making small changes that will eventually start to show. That said, I’m still fat. And others still see me as fat. And as a result, as unappealing to look at at best or like I shouldn’t dare leave the house at worst. I’m so sick of constantly apologizing for my body but now that I’m TRYING to change it’s making me even angrier. So angry. Don’t want to be bothered by a fat person on train? Maybe take an Uber every day. Too expensive? Ok, but don’t look at me with disgust like I’m encroaching on your personal space. If you’re taking public transport maybe consider you’ll be around the fucking public. Same with airplanes. Don’t want to be next to a fat person? Don’t “whisper” to your neighbor that I’m fat, maybe fly first next time for fucks sake or book early enough to not be stuck w a middle seat. At the beach and don’t want your kids to see a fat woman in a bathing suit? MAYBE DONT TAKE YOUR KID TO THE BEACH IF THEIR EYES ARE TOO PRECIOUS TO LOOK AT ME.

Before starting weight loss I used to apologetically handle these situations. Where a towel to walk around beach when I’m not in the water to spare the eyes of those around me. Apologetically shrug / smile and sometimes verbally say sorry when a thin person tries to squeeze (where they can’t fit) on a crowded train and I try to somehow invent more space but inevitably can’t. But now I’m just fucking angry at the entitlement people having thinking they shouldn’t have to be close or even look at someone of my size. If it’s THAT disturbing to you maybe YOU have the problem! Maybe YOU should only put yourself in situations YOUR comfortable in. Not make ME feel like shit because my existence upsets you.

Ennd rant.

submitted by /u/orangepirateb8
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YHpe8E

No comments:

Post a Comment