Thursday, August 1, 2019

I’m struggling with personal stuff and need some help to stop eating my feelings.

I’m calorie counting and using MyFitnessPal. I was walking loads but with my kids being on school holidays and weather being great (very sunny, uncommon in highlands of Scotland) I’ve not been able to get out walking as much. My Gran who basically raised me and is the only member of my family (who isn’t my husband or kids) that loves or even likes me, has been given weeks to live. Devastated isn’t a strong enough word. I really can’t cope with discussing her anymore and hope you guys can give advice without even mentioning her or this part of my problem. Can we just say the ‘grief thing’ or something like that if you feel that it’s really needed.

So, yeah.... since 17th of June this year I’ve lost two stone and I’ve got about another four to lose. It’s really important to me to get healthy and in the last week I’ve been drinking alcohol and then drunk munching anything in the fridge but logging it all on MyFitnessPal. I’m hovering about the maximum consumed calories for weight loss, rarely going over. But might have eaten more when drunk.

I’m making very bad choices and I can’t stop. Alcohol is really bad for my dieting because I have no self control. I’m hoping you guys have some coping mechanisms that might help me.

I’m not drinking around my kids and if I was keeping them home all of the time I wouldn’t drink. I don’t want to ruin their holidays and stop them from sleepovers at their friends or cousins houses. They’re only 6 & 8 and don’t yet understand about death or grief and I want to spare them as much as I can. So, any coping strategies that you guys have which might suit my situation would be greatly received!

submitted by /u/RebelleMac
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ytOioX

No comments:

Post a Comment