Monday, August 5, 2019

I'm tired of being the slowest, fattest one in my hiking group.

I'm an undergrad, and I work for the outdoor program at my university. We went on a staff training backpacking trip last week, and while I love backpacking/hiking, I definitely held us up on the uphills. It sucked, and the embarrassment was worse than anything - everybody was great and supportive.

I started haphazardly counting calories at the beginning of the summer, but fell into my old habits of stress eating because of some family issues. I went to the doctor today because of some poison ivy I got on the trip last week, and I've gained ~10ish pounds since the last time I was there a month and a half ago.

This sucks, and I'm done with it. The trip was embarrassing, but the weight gain pushed me over the edge. I'm starting on the eating healthy train again tonight.

What I'm going to be doing, going forward, in addition to healthy eating/counting calories with MyFitnessPal: - I'm going to start slowly trying to incorporate OMAD/IF into my lifestyle - not just as a way to lose weight, but as a change to how I look at food forever.

  • I have to work a ten hour shift tomorrow, but starting on Wednesday, I'm going to be doing bodyweight exercises until the school year starts back up and I can get into the school gym.

  • I'm not buying an on-campus parking pass. My school has a train station, so I'm going to park for free at one of the parking decks, take the train onto campus, and walk to class from there. The train station is on the other side of campus from where my classes are, and there's some serious uphill, so I'm definitely gonna get some workout there in addition to going to the gym.

  • I have a friend who's teaching pilates classes starting in the fall semester. I'm gonna go to her classes and work on my breathing and flexibility.

I'm leading two trips this fall, and I refuse to embarrass myself in front of people I'm supposed to be teaching how to hike and backpack. I'm not expecting any great strides in weight loss between now and the first trip, but increasing my endurance and speed would be awesome.

Thanks for reading my vent. I needed to get that off my chest.

submitted by /u/hailsizeofminivans
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2M2byn0

No comments:

Post a Comment